October 27, 2012

Memorial to my Beautiful Friend


Today was Malea's memorial service and I just had to share this memorial video that her family put together.

It was a beautiful, uplifting service, with her brother giving a wonderful eulogy and her husband, Jason, also speaking, as well as performing the song he sang to her at their wedding. There were many, many tears, but also much joy in remembering how special she was. The chapel held about 100 people and the chairs were packed, with people spilling out into the hall. Everyone dressed in pink and white and it was celebration of her life.

Now begins the healing (hopefully) and the advocacy (most certainly).

I felt joy after the service as I got to hold her beautiful baby granddaughter.


Amaryana has Malea's eyes and I could feel her spirit as I held this beautiful baby, a tiny piece of Malea that lives on.

Her family is grieving, but relieved that she is no longer in pain and suffering so badly. I am missing my friend more than I could ever have imagined. No matter how much you know it's coming, losing someone you love so much is a horrible thing. I imagine it will be quite some time before I can do anything without feeling the hole her passing created.

I dreamed about Malea for the first time this morning. We were at her memorial service, but she was there. I was distressed because I had to leave to go get my kids and she walked me to the door and told me, "Chelle, it's okay. You can go on." For a moment after I woke up, I could still feel her reassuring presence and I hope that she will visit me again. I know I can go on. I'm just not sure how.

Thank you, Malea, for always being such an awesome person and the "best of best friends." I will miss you more than you know.


  

2 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift she gave you to reassure you like that in your dreams. She is with you always.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!