September 10, 2012

Three Finishes and ISHW

I have been stitching my butt off to finish a few things before starting on anything new. I managed to finally finish my stitch along with Carrie when I got my stars for the background yesterday.


All Hearts Come Home by Diane Arthurs

I did add my initials and the year down on the bottom right, which you will be able to see after I have framed it.

Then I decided that I really needed a small project to work on over a day or so, with an easy finish. Well, this one took a little more than one day (three), but I did finish it fast.

All Dolled Up by Little House Needleworks

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the piece on the chart front had been finished by none other than Vonna Pfeffer of The Twisted Stitcher (Vonna, I hope I spelled your last name right! I was too lazy to go check the pattern.) She was one of the first two stitching blogs that got me started on my own stitching blog, so I was happy to be working on something she had done before. Her star was an embellishment instead of stitched, but since I didn't know to get the embellishment when I bought the chart and since I didn't feel like trying to get to the hobby store and find one, I just went ahead and stitched the star in the golden yellow color. I plan on doing the finishing when I go down to visit my mother in October, as she has promised me her stash of Christmas fabrics to bring home. Until then, I will keep it with the other projects awaiting finishing.

I also finished my biscornu at Guild on Thursday. Here is what it looked like before:


And here is what it looks like finished:




A lovely little biscornu. I really have to go to google translate and figure out what the heck that means. Little pincushion? I was happily surprised at how easy it was to make this a three dimensional project and I plan on making a bunch more as gifts. (People who aren't stitchers beware! People who are stitchers anticipate!) I'm taking color requests for Christmas presents.

I have made huge progress on my HAED, but I want to finish the metallic on page one before posting an update. I received the thread in the mail the other day, so it's just a matter of getting to it. Page two will go faster than page one I think, just because I am getting into a rhythm and figuring out what this HAED thing is all about.

This weekend is International Hermit and Stitch Weekend. Wow that came around fast. I am going to the Bluemont Craft Fair on Sunday, so most of my stitching will be done on Saturday this time, but I've signed up anyway.

I hope you all are enjoying the cooler weather we are having.

Happy stitching!


  

7 comments:

  1. Your little Biscorno is so lovly.
    Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishes. Well done. Looking forward to seeing your HAED progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your stitching is lovely but I really like that Biscornu!
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finishes Chelle. They all turned out great. Love the Biscornu. Something else I will never try.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah finishes! The biscornu is darling and I love the christmas theme, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finishes -- I love the biscornu.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!