September 06, 2012

Sorry, Thought These Were Done!

I've been waiting to post because I had hoped to have some projects finished up. Unfortunately, something was working against me this time!

Here's what I've been working on and the challenges that kept me from having a finish on each.



All Hearts Come Home by Diane Arthurs

I got to the embellishments on this stitch along with Carrie and discovered that they had not included any of the stars for the sky background. I sent them an email and they said they were very sorry and would send the stars out right away. What you see is what they sent. The picture on the cover of the chart shows 17 stars. They sent me eight. I sent them another email and they said they would send me more. So, I'm waiting on stars to finish this one...sigh.

They did send me a free chart with the eight stars which certainly was nice of them, but it wasn't something I would stitch, so watch for a giveaway here soon.

Faery on Butterfly HAED

I had so hoped to get the first page of this completely finished, but as you can see, I ran out of the sparkly metallic thread they suggested using for the moon. Sigh again. It's my own fault though for switching out the 25 count Laguna linen, one over one, to 16 count Aida fabric, two over one. Obviously I am now going to need a lot more of all of the threads and there are about 90 different colors.

I have ordered two more spools of the metallic thread and I went ahead and gridded up pages two through five yesterday.

I took out the gridding on the first page to see if you could tell I had done it, as I had read on someone's blog that they didn't grid because they felt you could see it afterward. It was a little tough to get some of the thread out, as I had sewn over it and under it and even through it, but everything eventually came out and it looks fine, as far as I can tell.

Biscornu by Alita Designs
This is a project for the Embroidery Guild and when finished, it will be a little pillow. The top is the large X design and the square with my initials and the date will be the bottom. I will post pictures after the finish this afternoon.

That's all I've got for this week. I feel like I've accomplished a lot, although I didn't actually finish anything completely yet. I found multiple counting errors on the top portion of the biscornu and had to completely restitch it. Luckily, it's a fast little project and I can see a few more of these in my future as gifts.

Happy stitching!


  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching, Chelle! Too bad you have to wait for more stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great Chelle. Someday I will finish All Hearts Come Home.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe they didn't send you enough stars. You've have gotten a lot done on your HAED since the last time you posted and your little pillow is adorable. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching. Everything looks great. I love your HAED Design.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stitching on all, and can't believe you still didn't get the correct amount of stars. At least they will send them eventually. For my HAED I used tweezers to pull out the gridding thread, and that helped, but it does stick in there. :) I was afraid it would show as well, but it doesn't seem to at all. I know some people use nylon cord, I was wondering about that for my next one.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!