September 07, 2012

Finally Something is Finished!

I did it! My very first three dimensional stitching project. Here's how it turned out.



A real, eight sided biscornu, which I'm guessing means little pincushion in French (I didn't do well the one semester I took French in college!)

This was so fast and easy to make, I think I'm going to be making some Christmas gifts with different patterns and colors.

I've been working on my HAED all day, except for the two hour vet visit this afternoon. We are lucky enough to have found a vet that comes to the house and we have a dog with a skin infection and a cat with (diabetes?) a weight problem and arthritis in his back legs. I don't have pictures of the dog being tended to, but I thought you might get a kick out of this picture. I really need one of these bags!





Isn't that the cutest thing? It keeps the cat from scratching and biting as you work on him. There are zippers where his legs are and you can draw blood or trim his nails without getting hurt. It was awesome. I'm just hoping his bloodwork comes back okay.

Our vet has become a friend and next Sunday, we are going to the Bluemont Craft Fair. I am so excited about this! I will take some pictures to share.

Happy stitching!


  

6 comments:

  1. Great finish! And cute cat-in-a-bag, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The cat wasn't so cute when she was drawing blood. He was a very unhappy cat! LOL

      Delete
  2. I love your little biscornu, you did such a great job!

    I had a diabetic cat, we had to give him two shots of insulin a day! He lived with it for a few years and died when he was almost 17.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie. I am going to check my stash to see if I have any more 28 count linen. I'd love to make a few more of these biscornus either for myself or for gifts.

      I hope our cat doesn't need insulin shots twice a day, as he is only eight. That would be a LOT of shots and I don't think he'd be very cooperative. The vet took the bag back with her!

      Delete
  3. Love the finish! Still need to attempt one of those. Poor animals, hope the blood work comes back ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelle, Great job on the biscornu! Stasi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!