September 29, 2012

A New Biscornu

I haven't updated in awhile. I have been stitching on various things, but I thought I would post up this finish I had today.



My "middles" didn't quite meet up. If you don't get the first one right in the middle when you are sewing it together, it won't match up all the way around. But I was too sick of this project to go back and fix it. I now have two of these little pincushions. These would make great gifts, but I need to find patterns that are a little less complex.

My friend, Pam, told me that there are all kinds of biscornu free patterns on the internet. I think I will look for a butterfly one next time.

For now, I am going back to my rotation, although I may throw another Christmas ornament in there. I love the little angel from Little House Needleworks. I haven't finished it yet, because I need to get some Christmas backing fabric. My mom has offered me her greens and reds, saying she isn't going to be needing them.

I apologize for not doing my IHSW update. The last couple of weeks have been extremely rough. My best friend is going into hospice on Monday, after a long week in the hospital. I am more sad than I have ever been in my life, made worse by the fact that her entire extended family is now here and I don't want to add to the chaos by being one more person huddling around her bed. Hopefully, after some of them go home, I will get a chance to see her at least one more time. What is the time prognosis for people in hospice care, with cancer that has spread to the bones?

Sorry to end on a down note. I only seem to have down notes lately.

Happy stitching!


  

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for what you are going through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your biscornu! Here are some butterfly biscornu patterns: http://www.theflossbox.com/store/biscornu/butterflies/1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie! I'm going to bookmark that.

      Delete
  3. The biscornu is lovely, Chelle.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Don't worry about the IHSW thing. It'll always be here when you have more time.

    *HUGS!*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!