August 06, 2012

Updates and Finally Framed!

I was going to wait until I had completely finished this one, but I just had to share how pretty it looks.


This is the combination of two pieces which will eventually be turned into a "biscornu," which is a small, geometrical pillow. We are doing this project for the embroidery guild and we had a choice of two patterns and any colors we liked. Of course, when given the choice, I always go for pink and purple!

The two pieces will match up (had to be extremely careful with my counting) and be sewn together with more of the purples.

Yesterday was my stitch along day with Carrie and I didn't really get settled until around 3:00. I had gone to Gettysburg for the weekend with Justin and finished the biscornu pieces at the hotel on Saturday. I didn't get home until lunchtime yesterday and had promised Jamie a trip to Best Buy. By the time I got settled down to stitch, more than half the day was gone! But, here is my progress.


I'm pretty sure Carrie is quite a bit further along than I am, but hopefully I will catch up. I am spending next weekend with my best friend and we are planning a stitching weekend.

Finally, I picked up my professionally framed angel at Hobby Lobby this afternoon! I wasn't sure at first about the frame I had picked out, but it is growing on me.


I have hung her on the wall in the family room, where I spend the majority of my time. This piece is very special to me and I feel a great deal of emotion when I look at her, so I wanted her to be in a place I could see her all the time. She was stitched in honor of a very special little girl, Juliana LaMonica, who passed away just after she turned three from acute myeloid leukemia. Juliana was an incredibly special, spirited, happy little girl and, when our friends went through losing their daughter, we shared this overwhelming journey with them. She was diagnosed in November of 2009 and died eight months later on July 5, 2010, just days after her third birthday.

If you haven't been over to Vonna's Blog and seen her awesome winnings from the fair, you really should check it out. I can only hope to achieve a small fraction of what Vonna has perfected. I've never seen so many first place and honors ribbons, not to mention a couple of champion ones. She is truly a one of a kind stitcher and I am so inspired by her.

Happy stitching!


  

7 comments:

  1. The colors in your biscornu are beautiful! Great framing job on your angel. It looks like you'll be done with your SAL in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching for your biscornu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your angel girl is so beautiful. What a wonderful tribute for that special little girl.

    I love the colors in your biscornu and can't wait to see how it looks when you're finished with it.

    I'll post an update on my SAL piece tomorrow; I'm just too tired tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The angel is just stunning in the frame...it's an absolutely beautiful piece and the story behind it makes it so much more stunning. SAL is looking great! And you and my daughter would get along wonderfully - she loves pinks and purples too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic post and Thanks for sharing this info. It's very helpful.
    guest house in jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chelle,

    the frame for the little Angel is perfect.

    Greetings Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your angel is a masterpiece, totally, awe-inspiringly wonderful! Gorgeous!
    The biscornu shall be perfection too!
    And thank you for your kind words about my fair winnings. That means a lot to me, truly it does :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!