August 01, 2012

Time for an Update!

I've been doing a lot more sewing than anything else these days. I find that it really helps to keep the anxiety down and that's really important when you have people who are very important in your life who are extremely ill.

So, I thought I would post an update on some of my pieces that I have been working on. I am not sure where I was on these pieces the last time I posted, so I'm not going to do before pictures.

Here is where I am on my Sunday Stitch Along with Carrie:


I've spent a little time on the Celtic Princess, as I have been neglecting her quite badly:


I've put a good bit of work into my HAED, but I still haven't finished the first page. I am getting close to a half a page though, which will be 5,000 stitches. Hard to believe. So many stitches and so much work, but so rewarding in the end!


This is the sampler I bought at In Stitches when I went to the Needlework show back in June. I am a little frustrated with this piece. I started in the middle, which I think was a mistake. All I am doing is house and it's lots and lots of just one color. I think I should have started in the left hand corner so that I could have done some of the smaller portions of it. I really have been wanting to do an alphabet and I am nowhere near that point. Oh well, too late now!


I have one finish to show you, but it isn't mine! Malea finished her piece for her granddaughter and it turned out beautifully indeed.


Tutu is the Hawaiian word for Grandmother. I think it turned out beautifully. Her granddaughter, Amaryanna Renee, was born two weeks early on July 13, 2012. Malea is going to find a frame and then I will finish the piece off with foam core and lacing so that she can send it to her son.

I have all of the pictures in place for the lacing tutorial and I am sorry that I haven't had the time or the energy to get that put together for you. I know I promised it last week, but I am fighting a situational depression right now and the only thing that makes it better is stitching, so I am concentrating on that. I'm not sure when I will get the tutorial up, but Justin will be out of town this weekend, so possibly I will get motivated to get it completed while he is gone. Or I might just sit in my recliner all weekend and do nothing but stitch. Some of my pieces are so large that I feel like I'm making no progress. Luckily, our EGA meeting is tomorrow and we will be working on a small piece that I will be able to finish quickly. I think I need to do a few faster stitches in between all of the large ones.

Happy stitching!


  

7 comments:

  1. OMG I can finally comment!!! I guess I need to log in through Firefox instead of Internet Explorer!! Now I can overload you with comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Chelle!! You rock!! Maybe you should look into being an IT person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way. I wouldn't want to work those kinds of hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Stitches, Chelle.

    Greetings Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on your SAL. The HAED looks fantastic! I would be so happy to have that much done on my HAED, which hasn't been touched since January 1st. Keep up the great stitching and inspiration for the rest of us, Chelle!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!