August 28, 2012

Stitch Along Finish and a Gift Well Received

I made Carrie promise to wait to post her update, since she finished hers first. And mine isn't truly finished yet, as my embellishment package came without the stars that are supposed to be scattered in the sky. I sent an email and they will be sending me some, so hopefully, this will soon be complete. And I would love finishing suggestions.


I think it turned out adorably for both Carrie and myself, but holy crap, the back stitching!!! I looked at the next two patterns we chose from this same designer and they are both full of back stitching as well. I was ready to throw it across the room, I was so sick of DMC 310!

I know I revealed my secret project, the gift for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. They were here for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago and I gave it to them. I think it even impressed my dad and he is a hard man to impress! You never think needlework is going to please the guys. Here is my gift hanging in the entryway of their new home:


I'm absolutely tickled that they liked it so much they want everyone who comes into the house to see it. Congratulations, Mom and Dad, on being such a great marriage role model. You are the ultimate couple and I am blessed to have you as my parents. You certainly know how to raise kids right.

Since the only thing I've been working on is the SAL, I don't really have anything else to show you right now. I picked up my HAED last night for the first time in several weeks and my goal is to finish page one before doing anything else. I've got to have some finishes! These big projects kind of wear me out.

So I will leave you with a cute kitty picture. This is our cat, Kylie, enjoying the new duvet cover I bought. If I had known she would be so taken with it, I might have chosen a different color!


She really is the sweetest thing. Mouthy though!

Happy stitching!


  

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish Chelle. It turned out great. Sorry I flaked on you. I'm still having a hard time getting my stitching mojo back. I did mention on your last post, that I have both those Diane charts plus a zillion more. Have you seen her newer ones? Let me know.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun with our SAL, of course the back stitching was a real pain, but look at what we have! I will always remember my very first SAL and I'm looking forward to starting our next one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!