July 15, 2012

Time for an Update!

I've been stitching my heart out this past week, so I thought it might be time for an update.

I've been practicing my lacing skills. These two are finished and here's how they look in the frame.



These two are waiting to be laced.


I decided that I had done very, very wrong by my beautiful butterfly angel by putting it on self-stick mounting board and framing it. And I didn't like the writing at the bottom or where my initials and the date were sitting. So, I took it out of the frame and redid the bottom. Now it's ready to be laced.


I've been stitching a lot on my HAED and enjoying it so much more on the 16 count Aida than on the 25 count linen. It's just so much easier to see it.


It also seems to go faster. I'm not sure why. Of course, I'm going to need at least double the thread!

And finally, I have begun work on my May cottage.


I'm loving the colors of this one, since they match the Apple Blossom colors of our spring festival here in Winchester.

And last but not least, The Rainbow Bridge came back from the framer's yesterday!


I didn't want to take it out of the plastic because it's all taped up on the back. I love the rustic look of the wooden frame and the hunter green mat. I will ask Kathy when I give it to her if she would mind if I get a picture without the plastic cover on it. It is under glass to protect the needlework. Of course, I noticed a couple of little imperfections, like my initials and the year are crooked and "the" at the top goes slightly up to the right, but I think little errors can sometimes make a piece unique, so I'm not worrying about it too much.

I dropped off my mystery gift for framing when I picked up the Bridge yesterday and I am so excited that it will be done soon! I wish I could share a picture, but it won't remain a mystery gift if I do.

Sorry some of the pictures are a little blurry. Usually my iPhone takes awesome pics, but I think it was too dark in here when I took some of them.

Today I am going to be stitching on my SAL with Carrie. Update photo tomorrow. And don't forget the giveaway of the butterfly pattern. Just go to my last entry and put your name in the comments if you want to be entered. The giveaway will close on Tuesday.

Happy stitching!


  

9 comments:

  1. Wow Chelle. Everything looks great. Love the finishes and framing and the WIP. My finger is finally almost healed and I think I can get back to stitching. Yeah!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work on the lacing! And the Rainbow Bridge looks great framed. Excellent work all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cottages look great. Lovely new start on your HAED. Rainbow Bridge looks great framed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous finishes, Chelle. I love all of them equally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chelle,

    your cottages are very beautiful.
    The Frame for the Raibow Bridge is perfect.
    Happy Stitching by the HEAD.

    Greetings Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is a massive update. I love the finishes sooo much! The cottages look beautiful! And I am excited for the next one. Your Rainbow bridge is truly stunning! Kathy should be very pleased with it. I had a large painting a few years back, where half of the object was lopsided - more that a small error lets say. No one noticed until it was pointed out to them. People are prepositioned to correct the errors they see in the heads, and to see things straight etc (according to the thick book on art psychology I attempted to read at one stage of my life. Curious of how to do the lacing technique. I am doing my HAED on 18 count. Which in my understanding is the smallest squares available, before going onto even weave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your comments!

    I plan on doing a lacing tutorial on the angel. I have lots of pictures of how to get her to the stage where she is now (pinned to the foam core and batting) and will take lots more as I do the lacing. It's really not hard, but takes practice.

    I agree that no one will see any errors unless I point them out. My mom used to tell me the same thing and it's true. The eye corrects for them after awhile, if you don't look. And if you don't know they are there, you won't eve notice them.

    Hugs,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Die Hauser sehen super aus. Und Dein neues HEAD Motiv gefällt mir sehr.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks fantastic! In my (short) experience, there's no such thing as perfect. It's really what you make it to be, and I think you made it just right :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!