July 05, 2012

Q Snaps?

Just a short post, as I was at Embroidery Guild all day. I promise updates tomorrow (hopefully!)

I was wondering if someone can point me to the person who sells the Q Snap frames online. The sampler I began on Tuesday is wrinkling terribly and I would like to try using the Q Snap to prevent it from becoming completely ruined by my holding it. I don't like hoops because the creases are so hard to remove.

Also, is anyone besides Carrie stitching an HAED on any fabric other than the 25 count linen with two threads over two? I am going to be switching to a different fabric and doing mine over two, as I am extremely unhappy with the way mine is going on the 25 count.

Thanks to all and happy stitching!


  

3 comments:

  1. You can buy Q-snaps at a few places, here is their site http://www.qsnap.com/ I've seen them in Michaels and in AC Moore, if you have either of those craft stores near you (great deal if you have a 50% off coupon too!)

    I've stitched on a few different fabrics for my HAEDs. I've finished one on 22 count (2 over 1) and 25 count (1 over 1)....I've also started one on 28 count (tent stitch, 2 over 1), 18 count (2 over 1) and 20 count (2 over 1)...I love them all for different reasons. What is it you aren't liking about your 25 count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stitches are not even, especially where I have gridded it. I was hoping for a more satin, even effect. I'm having a lot of trouble with the gridding. I think the gridding is being pierced by my needle, so I'm thinking it's going to be impossible to pull it out.

      I'm not too far in to switch fabrics and I'm hoping to find a larger fabric count in our Hobby Lobby today, although I'm sure it will be aida if I go with them. I would have to order a linen because of the size. I've done the conversion and it's going to be a huge project when it's finished if I do change, but I'd prefer that to the way it is turning out now.

      I will look for the Q snaps at the Hobby Lobby today. Thanks, Lesli. I have two 40% off coupons and I can also go to Michael's, where I have a 50% off coupon. I also have a long list of things I need! LOL

      Hugs,
      Chelle

      Delete
  2. I have bought Q-Snaps online at www.stitch-r-stuff.com and www.joann.com. I have also bought the other brands of Q-Snap type frames in the store at Jo-Ann's (but didn't like as much), Hobby Lobby (love these), and now Michael's has their own brand in the store too (best price so far). I would recommend Michael's or Hobby Lobby, especially with a coupon.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!