June 21, 2012

IHSW Update

I was going to save this for next week, but I just couldn't wait to share what I did since I got to the beach!




It's done!!!!! It's even initialed and dated.

I spent the drive to the beach sewing and finished it up on Monday. I am so relieved to be able to take this off my "to be finished" list.

I've been trying to decide what to do with this project and I have decided that I am going to have it framed and give it to our veterinarian as a thank you for giving us our newest family member, Charlotte. If I haven't shared our awesome, royal acquisition, I give you Princess Charlotte:


Her parents were the number one (dad in Australia and mom in the United States) show border collies and she was the pick of the litter. She belonged to Kathy's mom until last year, when she passed away from cancer. Kathy had been looking for the perfect home for her and decided we were it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I have bonded with this dog and how much I miss her while we are here at the beach. We are lucky that Kathy wouldn't allow us to leave her in any hands but her own while we are gone but I cannot wait to get back on Saturday and go pick her up. She has become a part of my heart. And I used to be a cat person...

Working on another finish (should wrap it up sometime today as it is pretty hot even on the beach and I prefer to go down in the evenings).

I hope you all had a wonderful IHSW and are staying cool. I see that we are relatively cool compared to most of the rest of the country, so I am grateful for that and air conditioning in beach houses!


  

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to give the Rainbow Bridge to the vet! Just think of how many people will see it and enjoy looking at it. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    Our vet comes to us, but I think she is working on setting up a clinic from her home. Hopefully she will like it enough to put it up! I couldn't think of a more perfect person to give it to. She's been so wonderful, both with Jack and Max (our overweight cat) and giving us our beautiful border collie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rainbow Bridge ist so beautiful.

    Greetings Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish Chelle. It turned out great. I love the bridge section at the bottom. So pretty.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great finish and what a perfect piece for your vet.

    Congratulations on the new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cutie =)
    Congrats on your finish!looks amazing :)
    Hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely finish and how nice of you to give it to the vet!.

    Princess Charlotte is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like the word "hot" has been redefined for me since I moved to Texas, two weeks ago. The other day I said, "Oh, it's cooling down to 95 on Friday!" and I was completely serious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Chelle,

    I saw your comment on my blog today and just wanted to give you a reply on your blog too :-)

    For Envy I use 16 count aida fabric. I used 18 earlier, but I found the stitches to be very small and the stitches became uneven. I do not even have problems with my sight on a daily basis, but this fabric just killed thefun for me. But 16 count seems to be working just fine, the finished piece will turn out to be huge in the end though - but as long as I am enjoying myself while stitching, I think that is worth it :-)

    - Cat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eine sehr schöne Stickerei. Und ein ganz süßer Hund.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!