May 23, 2012

Stitching Day Disaster

I was so excited I had all day to stitch yesterday. So, I pulled out the rarely worked on Rainbow Bridge, thinking I could get finished with everything except the bridge. Um, not.

Here is what 5 hours worth of work accomplished:


The green section was already done!!!!

I spent the first hour just frogging the stitches I had put in incorrectly the last time I worked on it. Then I put in a couple more hours putting stitches in the wrong places. Then I frogged some more. Then I worked on the orange puppy. Then I frogged some more and restitched.

I finally got so frustrated that I put it down and picked up the Princess, thinking at least the purple is a great color and the fabric is easy to work with. After putting in a whole vertical row of stitches and ripping it all out completely because I had counted over one too many holes and it was over 3 instead of over 2 threads, I gave up in disgust and considered it an entire day wasted, because it was 9:30 at night.

Ironically, I was watching Groundhog Day last night while I was ripping.

I have another open day today and am hoping to get some correct stitching done, but after the new dog woke me up again at 5:15 to go potty and I never got back to sleep, I have a feeling that the errors are somewhere in the fog that is my brain and no matter what I pick up, I may have the same problem I did yesterday.

Maybe I'll take a short nap first...

Happy stitching.


  

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear sounds stressful. I have hidden one project in the box for the shame of having stitched a total of 6 hours in the wrong colour. Which means this colour should have been elsewhere and there won't be enough of it. Very sad. I have a massive ruler with which I note what row I am working on and orientate with stitched stitches. And I bought the gridding stuff from America to mark out 10 by 10 squares for the bigger projects. So hopefully no errors from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lija, I know exactly what you mean. I did that on my HAED, but discovered it not too far in. There's no way I can rip it out, but I think there is plenty of thread and I can always buy more.

      Couldn't you convert the colors? There's no law saying you have to follow the pattern. I know lots of stitchers who change it up and do their projects with different floss than is recommended.

      And yes, it was horribly stressful. LOL

      Delete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!