May 20, 2012

ORTs For The New Moon

In honor of International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, I am going to post my first ORT picture! I started saving my threads about two months ago when I discovered this TUSAL, but I haven't yet added a picture.

So, here you go!


Not sure why I wanted my wedding picture in the background, except that my hubby and I just celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary and this was one of my favorite pictures.

For those of you who are interested in what I have been learning about finishing from the EGA, I will be posting pictures of my step by step finishing of my Christmas ornaments when I finally get around to doing them. You'll be surprised at how easy it is. It's also very easy to make your own cording if you have a spool of perle cotton and someone to hold the other end of a very long group of threads! I was so pleased with how my nametag for the EGA turned out and tickled that I finished it and it looked so good.

Happy stitching!


  

5 comments:

  1. Woo ~ congratulations on your recent anniversary!

    Lovely ORTs too!

    Are you on the TUSAL list? I don't find this blog title...Leave me a comment on this post so you will be included in the giveaway at the end!

    http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2011/11/totally-useless-stitch-long.html?commentPage=2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice jar. ORT collecting is very addictive. When I travel with my stitching and forget to take my jar with me I try to save the little threads to put into jar when I get back home. Also, just to note you posted the wrong link to the 'Stitching my first ...', forgotten blogspot before dot com. I am going to start my first HAED on the 1st of June for the Summer Extravaganza my sister and I are having, so a little scared. Good luck with the stitching. And congratulations on the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chelle. I found your blog from the HAED blog. I wanted to stop by and tell you your link is broken. It tries to take you to thenextbeststitch.com instead of .blogspot.com. I though you would want to fix it!! (Don't feel bad, I've done the same thing with my blog!!!) Your orts are pretty, and I love your fairy and butterfly progress. It's beautiful so far. Can't wait to see more, and the colors are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for telling me. I always forget to put the stupid "blogspot" in the link. I went back and fixed it.

    Thanks for coming over to look!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!