May 18, 2012

Frame for Country Cottages

Today I finally ordered the frame I had decided to use for my monthly country cottages. I wanted to make sure it was something classy and pretty and that complemented all of the designs. Here is what I chose:



I ran this by Justin, since he will have to look at it on the bookshelves all year long. I wanted something that drew the eye into the cross stitch piece and I think this fit the bill. All Family Tree Frames can be ordered through 123 Stitch and they come in a variety of sizes.

I'm not sure how big the opening is. I need to find out so that I can finish the two months that I have completed the stitching on. I've got January and April done and am about halfway through this February design. As soon as the frame comes, I will be able to determine how large the finishing board needs to be in exact dimensions.

One thing I have already learned from joining the Embroidery Guild of America is how to finish pieces. I had finished one Christmas ornament prior to my lessons with the wonderful Maggie Frasier (stitcher extraordinaire) and I realized that I had done pretty much everything wrong. Which is great because now I know exactly how to do everything right. I have two other ornaments to finish and I want to go back and refinish the little angel the proper way so that the fabric is not damaged over time.

Since it is International Hermit and Stitch weekend again, I will be planting my ever expanding butt in my recliner to stitch and maybe do some finishing on the pieces that I am able to. Hopefully it won't take long for my frame to arrive.

What are your plans for this weekend? Will you be stitching on big projects or small ones?


  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chelle. Love your new stitchy blog. All your WIP's look great. Love the Country Cottages. I have the first six and started one in the crazy challenge. I love the colors in them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a perfect frame for your cottages! So pretty! It's great that you joined the EGA and learned the finishing techniques. That is something I should do also. There are two groups near me but I haven't gone to a meeting yet.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts for me. I love comments and suggestions!